Friday, June 23, 2006

Won "Best Realistic" in Spring Mixed Media Show

Well! I didn't expect this surprise. I won Best Realistic in the Creative Catalyst Spring Mixed Media Art Show.

The painting entered was "Sanctuary". The duck on Mattagami River.

You can see the whole art show HERE.

As for my other painting. I spent three days painting white window frames. Somehow I don't think you want to see those. LOL.

Today I am back working on "Portrait of a Fisherman" which is for a present and needs to be finished soon. That and the dogs, which are taking a LONG time.

I know, I'm slow. Thank goodness there is no need to rush. Sometimes I make a great discovery half way through a painting and change things for the better. That is why I like taking my time. On some paintings, I just sit and scratch my head until the ideas make sense. Nothing about painting comes easy to me. It is just a need to create something that I like.

Pam

No comments: