Thursday, May 07, 2009

What's next?

Well, HELL WEEK is over. WHEW!

The first week of May is always my Hell Week and I got through it, barely. Now it's on to completing some deadlines in painting. :)

I get to attend a workshop in Watercolour painting tonight, given by my sister (Ellen Catherwood). You should visit her website because she is an AMAZING artist! http://www.ellenspalette.com

I'm disaster at watercolours but I like to use them for sketching. I just don't think like a watercolourist. ;)

So what is next? I have to think.....hmm... the next painting to do is a curling theme, and I have a couple of paintings 3/4 finished on my easel that have to be done. Then I need a new owl photo to use for the Owl Foundation's September fundraising and I have to finish my cougar painting for the Ontario Puma Foundation fundraiser.

I have 2 polar bear paintings to create and (I almost forgot) a ballet themed painting. I can't wait to start that one but I have to decide on the design, which is the hardest part. I think I spend more time before I put a brush to canvas than on the actual painting. You can't get a great painting without great design.

And the best thing about this week is....SPRING has ARRIVED in Timmins! It snowed for 2 days on the weekend and then it was 20 deg.C. the next day. That's the way it works up here. Snow boots one day and lounging on the deck the next. I am really enjoying the weather.

So watch for updates tomorrow, I have a lot to do.

Update from this evenings watercolour workshop,... Diamond Drill Rig step 1.



Pam

No comments: