Monday, February 27, 2006

Grouse painting last night.



I had to decide the look and feel of the grouse painting and decided on trying to make it look like my back yard. Our two grouse move all around the property in the summer looking for food so it is appropriate. During the winter, we feed the grouse and they don't move while you throw food on and around them. Seed bounces off their heads and they occasionally duck. The one grouse is so fat that she looks like a football with legs. She is the shy one. The other displays typical male behaviour, checking it's territory and holding it's ground to people and cars. I worry about the fox finding them in the winter time. They sleep under the snow, but the fox is smart enough to check by pushing his nose under the snow and move another foot and check again. The fox tracks look like an organized search party.

I'll work again on the owl to try and finish it. I'll study the placement of the feathers before I start.

Pam

No comments: