Sunday, June 22, 2008

AAARRRRGH!.

I was tired and discouraged last night, I usually get that way at this point in every painting. Just before the last push I always wonder if I am on the right track.



I went to bed and was kept awake half the night by a house party going on close by. Somewhere around 3 a.m. it ended and I was able to sleep. AAAAARRRRGH!



Anyway, after a few hours of uninterrupted rest, I awoke ready to tackle the painting head on. I put down the brushes and started to finger paint. The result is a correct colour on the right and left.



Now for all the details. I need to pump up the body colour of the horse again to make it pop out of the painting, add all the body and face details and introduce some detail to the barn.



I have until tomorrow to finish and then varnish. YIKES! Better get moving.




Evening Post:


More aggravation! My 14 year old dog hates thunderstorms. A noisy one this afternoon gave him the idea of hiding upstairs. This is something he hasn't done for years because his legs have a difficult time navigating stairs. I heard him head for the stairs and before I could get out of my chair I heard bump, bump, bump. Not a great sound but he walked back into the living room with a slight limp. Now, a few hours later he is really limping and I have a heating pad on his leg. I was able to get him outside before night but I don't know what the morning will bring. :(


On to the painting:


The background has changed and I'll start on the horse after I correct the golden sky colour. I don't like the way it has darkened when it dried.


Pam

No comments: