Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Plein Air & Bears

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I've been getting my studio and plein air painting set-up ready, as well as meeting other artists in Smooth Rock Falls.

I did a quick plein air in the back yard yesterday while explaining to a friend how plein air is done. It's hard to concentrate painting and talk at the same time.

The swallows have been fighting over the bird house in the back yard and a pair is setting up house if they can be left in peace long enough by the other swallows looking for a home.

A trip up the river gave me a chance to photograph the rapids with some good shots for reference photos.


A bear attack was in the news tonight. Bears in the spring are on edge because of hunger and the drive to mate. It's an unfortunate incident, because I have been watching a mother and cub all winter on-line with a webcam and learning their habits. The North American Bear Center

The organization contacted me this week asking if I was still interested in doing a painting for them. (I had offered a donation of a painting during the winter.) So, after The Owl Foundation painting is finished, I guess I have a painting to do of Lily the bear and her cub Hope. :)

So, I guess it's back to painting and blogging again.

Pam

No comments: