Saturday, December 09, 2006

20 Pounder

OK, I've decided to call the painting of the carp, "20 Pounder". My sister, a watercolour artist, keeps telling me to include a reference in the painting so people will know how big the fish is. The trouble with that is you are looking at the top of the water. There is nothing I could put in as reference. Because the painting is fairly big, you would assume the fish is that exact size. So, "20 Pounder" as a title will help sort out the mystery. When I sign it I will include the name beside my signature. Not something I regularly do.

I've been working on the head this morning to help me decide how light to go.


Will post more later today.



Sat. night Update: Well, I'm sure this fish has done more fighting on the canvas than he ever did in real life. A long way to go but I'm not beaten yet. :)


Pam

Website

No comments: