Sunday, July 23, 2006

Going BIG

Here I am, again, without my camera so my scanner will have to do today. Unfortunately it leaves a dark edge around the picture where I can't get the canvas close to the scanner.


I am working on my standard size 16 x 20 canvas for "Workin The Flats" and you can see I am confused about what kind of sky to add. This section is at the bottom and middle of the painting. There is no point adding details to the figures until I know what the sky looks like. I'll keep working at it.

I am also putting details into "Dixie in the Field" but I don't think you can see the difference yet.

The BIG things I am working on need my camera.

I have stretched the canvas on 3 panels to make a 60" Triptych landscape painting. I am waiting for the gesso (primer) to dry. Then I have to draw in the basic shapes and I'm ready for painting. :)

This is the reference photo.

I have started painting a 24" x 30" painting of a Carp swimming in dark water. Again, I will need my camera to show the stages of this one. Of course I will add more details so that you can actually see the carp.


Pam

Website

No comments: