Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Raccoon rush.






"Midnight Bandits" is well underway and I have to finish the tree and then do the raccoons. This will hang in our local museum for the month of Dec. It has to be done and varnished by the weekend so tomorrow is the rush day.

Then I promise the carp will be posted and the few corrections on the fox painting (the reference kindly supplied by Kyle.)


Thurs. Update:

Here is the bird bath blocked in ready for darkening. I THINK...I may... make the whole edge of the canvas look like a window frame. So when you view the painting, it would look as if you were looking out a window to your back yard. Just a thought, I'll know more when the rest is finished.






Thurs. night update:


So, the decision was to put a Trompe L'Oeil (fool the eye) window frame around it. Which will add a couple of more hours. You can see that it is just blocked in with black and the small piece that sticks out in the lower right hand corner will eventually be the window handle. I'm going to do a good job on the racoons so I'll post the finished piece hopefully Sat. noon.






And here is why I keep getting interrupted. Suzie, 5 months old.




No comments: