Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Deep Freeze Week....BRRRRR!

Well....you can tell it's January in Timmins. A deep freeze is coming today and it will hover around -40 C. at night.

I went snowshoeing on the river yesterday and it was a perfect, mild day for trecking.


The pileated woodpecker didn't want his picture taken and kept to the opposite side of the tree. He will have the tree chopped in half soon, they are sooooo strong!



I admire the photographers that can wait in the snow to get a good shot but I was chasing this guy from tree to tree. He isn't going anywhere, he lives just two houses over and has a very small territory. I would have thought they flew miles. I guess as long as there are dead trees he will stay put. I'll get him another day.

I have to make bread this morning and then I'll sit down to paint.

Till later....

Pam

No comments: