Saturday, January 14, 2006

Back to normal.

Well, after a few very busy days I'm back to my normal routine and hope to get a lot of painting done. I drew out the two 3 x 4 inch miniatures for the juried exhibition in Ville Marie. One is a float plane and the other is a cat squeezed into a dolls carriage. I started painting the cat miniature tonight but I won't be able to post them until the exhibition is over.

I prepared 4 canvases that are 16 x 20 inches. I think my hunting dog theme will go on one of these. I like this size for the house. Larger canvases need a large wall to display them. I need to decide what will go with the black lab hunting dog. I don't know whether to show a shot grouse in the picture. I've always wanted to paint that way but current standards don't like showing killed animals. I like doing my own thing, so I will probably put the bird in there. Other things are a shotgun, shells, water bottle, hunting vest??, and hunting cap. I want to make it look as if the hunter is looking back at his dog while taking a break.

I am at my limit for paintings and so I will finish the ones that I have already started. Must finish: The husky, The grouse and cat, The owl, and the 2 miniatures. When these are almost finished, my next ones are the hunting dog and then a fox theme. So many things I want to paint; so little time. :)

No comments: