Sunday, January 01, 2006

My first post, Jan.1st 2006.


Welcome everyone to my daily blog site where I plan to show updates on my painting progress.

I work in Acrylics and love to paint fishing and hunting related paintings. As well, I love to paint plein air (outside on location) and paint historical scenes from Northern Ontario.

I am a member of the Ontario Fishing Network and these wonderful people supply me with an endless amount of amazing pictures to use as references in my work. Thanks OFNers!

On to the work now. I'm currently working on an owl painting, 12" x 12" on canvas covered board. The medium is acrylic and I plan to call the piece, "A Light Dusting", because the Barred owl is covered in a light dusting of snow. Here is the original drawing on the board.

The first step and second step are shown next.


No comments: