Monday, February 16, 2009

Orange Sunrise

I have to do a painting for our art club "Distorted Perspective" exhibition in March. All the artists have to create a painting that is distorted in their own perspective. All the steps will be posted on this page.

I chose a photo reference that I took while hunting last fall of an orange sunrise from a moving vehicle. I love watching the world go by from a passenger window of a moving car. Everything just whizzes by.

Finished Step 5:

Step 4:


Step 3:

Two more layers of coloured pencil and fixative to fill in the sky. I'll boost the orange colours after filling in all the spots that are showing in from the board.



Step 2:

After three layers of coloured pencil and fixative, this is where I am.



Here is step 1 of "Orange Sunrise".

I covered the rough side of a piece of 8 x 10" masonite board with waterproof india in and laid in a thin orange base to the sky leaving the rough texture on the board to use with coloured pencils. It will be a mixed media painting.



Pam

No comments: