Friday, January 08, 2010

Nature Watch

I found another website to be involved with. I already participate in the Christmas Bird Count, which should be the January bird count because all the birds wait until after xmas to hit my house. :( I have so many now that I have to feed them twice a day.

Nature Watch: it has 4 sections, Frog Watch, Ice Watch, Plant Watch and Worm Watch. I'm always outside and interested in all these aspects of nature so my observations might as well be put to use. :)

It is run by Environment Canada and individuals contribute their findings to the website.

I have also found a Nest Watch bird cam site to browse although I won't be actively helping.

I didn't paint tonight because I had to cut out the curtains to sew for my new house. These -30 deg.C. and -40 deg.C. wind chills are just too much. I need heavy curtains to cover my big windows. Saturday, much later today because it's after midnight, is painting day and I have to finish one painting this weekend.

I have a few minutes to check out the Nature Watch website before turning in for the night.
YAWN

Pam

No comments: