Friday, May 05, 2006

May begins, and paintings galore!

Whew, what a lot of paintings on the go! Spring is in the air, but there are snow flurries today. I have been doing a little here, a little there, wherever the mood strikes me.

This is where I am with Dixie In The Field. I worked on the Brittany hunting dog quite a bit last night and the closer view shows the detail.


Hornby's Berry Farm is coming along and I have to finish it this week for a birthday present. The foreground and middle ground trees still have to be included.


The Portrait of A Fisherman is a bit too colourful in the skin tones and the background keeps changing but I think I have a good start. I decided on dark water and light coloured trees. I can see the finished painting in my mind.

The Swan is still in the basic stages of blocking in and I am trying different brush techniques in the center portion to get the correct look of swirling water and shadow. I like the abstract look of this one.

This weekend should bring more results.

Pam

Pam's Website

No comments: